What Does the Community & Economic Development Program Offer in Douglas County?
The Community & Economic Development Educator programs in a number of priority areas. Backed by University of Wisconsin research, Community & Economic Development Educators work with local government, civic organizations, businesses and community leaders to enhance local decision-making and help communities respond to new challenges and opportunities. These priorities change as local needs change.
Community Development Program Mission
Our mission is to strengthen people’s ability to identify and solve community problems through education, citizen participation, group process, and unbiased information – allowing residents to make informed decisions, resulting in better communities.
The 32nd annual grassroots lobbying trip to Madison planning process will begin in the fall. The dates are February 21-22, 2017.
Visit the Superior Days website for more information.
- Douglas County Government
- UW-Extension Local Government Center
- UW – Extension Community, Natural Resource and Economic Development
- Center for Land Use at UW-Stevens Point
- US Census Bureau – Douglas County
- WI Department of Natural Resources (Smart Forestry)
- WI Department of Workforce Development
- Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center (including energy)
- University of Wisconsin-Superior Small Business Development Center