Creating a website for your business or organization shouldn’t be expensive or difficult. This hands-on workshop will walk you through the process of creating a website in seven (7) easy steps!
- Identify your brand strategy and how does they translate to online?
- Website design. Using built in Wix customizable templates that align with your branding.
- Making your website usable and friendly for visitors.
- Search engine optimization basics.
- Giving your website a little lagniappe (something a little extra or special)
- Making your site mobile friendly, and why this is important?! (Tip: Google might ignore you).
- How to keep your visitors engaged, while on the site, and between visits.
UW-Extension and the Superior Business Improvement District are sponsoring this session, and have made it available at no cost for participants. Space is limited, please pre-register. If you register and your plans change, please cancel your registration to re-open your seat.
Workshop pre-work: registrants will be emailed a worksheet, approximately one week prior to the workshop. This worksheet will ask participants to think about their website design, and to prepare some items for the workshop, Participants are also asked to have and be able to access an email account during the session. We will not use any services in this workshop that have a fee, although we may reference optional services that have a one-time or recurring charge.
An EEO/AA employer, University of Wisconsin-Extension provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title VI, Title IX, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. Anyone needing accommodations for this workshop is asked to contact UW-Extension at (715) 395-1363 at least 72-hours before the workshop.