On August 22, 2017 – UW-Extension Douglas County will be offering: Social Media for Businesses and Organizations.
- Social Media Workshop – Pre-Session Handouts
- Social Media for Businesses and Organizations – Workbook
Learn the 8 basic steps to getting your business online with social media:
- Learn the difference between a Facebook Fan Page and a (person) page, and why you should use a fan page.
- How to set-up a fan page.
- Use Canva to size and design your banner image, profile image, and post images for your Facebook fan page.
- How to set-up a Twitter account.
- Use Canva to size and design your banner image, profile image, and post images for your Twitter account.
- Learn how to cross post to multiple social media platforms.
- Learn the basics of promoting (paying for impressions) for Facebook posts.
- Learn what mobile tools you need to manage your Facebook fan page and Twitter account with your phone or tablet.
This hands-on workshop is designed for people that want to get their business or organization online and using social media to engage customers and clients, and promote your business. This session will focus on the basics of account creation, using Facebook and Twitter specifically, using tools for graphics design to build your account and pages, and using complimentary tools. This session will not focus on content creation, although we may talk some about it.
UW-Extension and the Superior Business Improvement Districtare sponsoring this session, and have made it available at no cost for participants. Space is limited, please pre-register. If you register and your plans change, please cancel your registration to re-open your seat.
Participants are asked prior to the workshop to: establish a personal Facebook account (needed to create a fan page), bring images and logos on a USB drive or make available to download online during workshop, and be able to access their email during the workshop for any account verification. We will not do anything during the workshop that has a fee associated, although we will talk about Facebook promoted or sponsored posts.