UW-Extension Family Living Programs respond to community needs with research-based education and partnerships that support Wisconsin families and communities.
- Family Financial Education
Helping families meet future needs while keeping pace with day-to-day expenses and addressing the basics of earning, spending, saving, investing, health care, and housing issues.
- Poverty and Food Insecurity
Providing interactive activities and information to increase awareness and understanding of local poverty issues.
- Food and Nutrition
Promoting healthy, well-nourished families as they learn to manage food dollars, plan nutritious meals, and purchase, prepare, serve, and preserve food that is safe to eat.
- Families in Stress and Transition
Working with individual, families, and incarcerated audiences to help prevent and manage stress and to increase access to resources, problem solving skills, and resiliency.
Local Programing Topic Areas
- Food Preservation and Food Safety
- HOME & COMMUNITY EDUCATION (HCE)
- Relationships Matter
Relationships Matter is…
an awareness and communication skills class for individuals. Through discussion and activities, participants learn how communication, stress management, problem solving and other skills can strengthen all kinds of relationships, including couple, parenting, friendships, work relationships and more. Relationships really matter! They impact our health, happiness, families, financial stability and life satisfaction.
Contact Araceli Whitwam-Sell for more information about local programming at email@example.com or call 715-395-1426.
Family Living Links of Interest
Family Financial Management
- America Saves
- American Savings Education Council
- Consumer Reports
- Financial Help for Everyone
- Federal Trade Commission
- Managing Between Jobs
- National Endowment for Financial Education
- Resources for Consumer Information from the Federal Government
- Social Security Administration
- Tax credits for low-income families
- The Investors Clearinghouse
Building Strong Families
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- I Am Your Child
- Parenting the First Year
- Parenting the 2nd & 3rd Years
- Preparing to Parent
Foods & Nutrition
- American Diabetes Association
- American Dietetic Association
- American Heart Association
- Be Food Safe
- Extension Program in Nutritional Science
- FDA Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
- Fight BAC!
- Food & Nutrition Information Center (USDA National Agricultural Library)
- Food and Nutrition Information from USDA
- Food Preservation and Storage
- Food Safety and Health
- Food Safety – Gateway to Government Food Safety Information
- Meat HACCP ( Research-based help for small meat and poultry processors.)
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Nutrition Facts Label
- Nutrition & Physical Activity information from US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Nutrition.gov (Guide to Nutrition & Health Information on Federal Government websites)
- Partnership for Food Safety Education – FightBac!
- Recipe Finder
- USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans/MyPyramid
- USDA Food Safety Information
- UW-Extension Food and Nutrition Publications
- Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program
- Consumer Handbook to Credit Protection Laws
- Homeowner’s Hope™ Hotline
- HomeWise: Help for New Homeowners
- UW-Extension About the House
- UW-Extension Housing and Home Environment
- University of Wisconsin Family Living Programs
- University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension Home and Family Publications
- Wisconsin Association for Home and Community Education (WAHCE)